This agreement will govern all aspects of use by those seeking to be a part of RepItSocial
(“the Company”). It underscores pertinent information about the scope of the Company
so that users can make an informed choice. When a user creates or uses a RepItSocial
account, he or she agrees to be bound by the following conditions.
Scope of RepItSocial
At last, there is a forum for those of color. The mission of RepItSocial is: To be the BIPOC
(Black, Indigenous, People of Color) social media app through which the whole of the
BIPOC Diaspora is linked together in one central hub, built to inspire, empower,
support, and connect our people. RepItSocial will accomplish this mission through its
product offerings, features, applications, services, technologies, and software.
RepITSocial pledges to:
(1) Afford personalized opportunities to inspire, connect, share, and learn.
RepItSocial gives its user base a platform to affirm its BIPOC culture through
posting shared experiences as content contributors on the app in the form of
videos, photos, and blogs and encourages a melding of the various cultures as it
links users by their categories of interest – regardless of the flag they REP. Just as
each culture is a mix of peoples, colors, and ethnicities, so too is the platform as it
offers a unique hybrid mix that combines elements of Instagram, YouTube, and
Tik Tok to create a unique user experience.
(2) Foster an uplifting haven.
In many respects, RepItSocial casts a spirit of adventure. By design, the app
showcases the incredible talents and contributions of the BIPOC community.
Every post is an opportunity to celebrate inclusion and anything to the contrary,
will not be permitted. A zero-tolerance policy of infractions will be maintained at
all times. Constant vigilance will ensure the removal of objectionable content
and/or abusive users. Bad behavior will result in profile deletion for violating this
(3) Connect users with relevant products and services.
RepItSocial unabashedly tailors the user experience for maximum relevance.
Internal data, as well as input from third-party sources, are marshalled to target
ads, offers and other sponsored content which is germane to the user.
Like our peers, RepItSocial retains the right to collect and use the user’s personal
information. The enclosed details how the Company will collect, use, and share your
information. All users must agree to the data collection and usage policy herein.
Eligible User. As stated prior, RepItSocial is an uplifting and inclusive forum. To remain
secure and be in accordance with federal and state law, the user will abide by these
- User must be at least 13 years old.
- User must not be prohibited from receiving any aspect of our Service under applicable laws or engaging in payments related Services if user is on an applicable denied party listing.
- User must not have previously disabled his or her account for violation of law or any of our policies.
- User must not be a convicted sex offender.
Prohibited Behavior on RepItSocial. To maintain communal harmony, every user must
do his or her part. Below are actions that rise to the level of intolerable infractions.
- User isn’t permitted to impersonate another person or provide inaccurate information.
- User doesn’t have to disclose identity on RepItSocial, but he or she must
provide accurate and up to date information. Also, the user may not impersonate another person.
- User can’t do anything unlawful, misleading, or fraudulent or for an illegal or unauthorized purpose.
- User can’t violate (or help or encourage others to violate) this agreement.
- User can’t interfere with or impair the intended operation of this Service.
- User can’t gain access or collect information in unauthorized manner.
- User can’t buy, sell, or transfer any aspect of your account (including your username) or solicit, collect, or use login credentials of other users.
- User can’t post private or confidential information or do anything that violates someone else’s rights, including intellectual property.
- User can’t use a domain name or URL in his or her username without our prior written consent.
Third-party service provider disclaimer. RepITSocial is pleased to offer The Square – a forum for entrepreneurs.
- RepItSocial does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, promotions, data, advertising, products, goods or services available or unavailable from, or through, any third-party service provider in The Square.
- You agree that should you use or rely on such content, promotions, data, advertisement, products, goods or services, available or unavailable from, or through any third-party service provider in The Square, RepItSocial is not responsible or liable, indirectly or directly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with such use or reliance.
- Your dealings with, or participation in promotions of any third-party service provider in The Square, and any other terms, conditions, representations or warranties associated with such dealings, are between you and such third-party service provider in The Square exclusively and do not involve RepItSocial.
- You should conduct whatever investigation or product reviews that you deem necessary or appropriate before hiring or engaging any third-party service provider in The Square.
Creative rights that the user surrenders to RepItSocial. Per this agreement, a user knowingly and willingly grants the Company unfettered access and permission to following data.
- RepItSocial doesn’t claim ownership of user content, but user grants an unencumbered license to use it. It should be duly noted that nothing will change about user rights in creative
content. RepItSocial doesn’t claim ownership of user content posted on or found through the Service. Instead, when user shares, posts, or uploads content that is covered by intellectual property rights (like photos or videos) on or in connection with the Service, user hereby grants to RepItSocial a nonexclusive, royalty-free, transferable, sub-licensable, worldwide license to
host, use, distribute, modify, run, copy, publicly perform or display, translate, and create derivative works of user content (consistent with privacy and application settings). User can end this license anytime by deleting content or account. However, content would continue to appear if user shared it with others and they haven’t deleted it.
- Permission to use user username, profile picture, and information about your relationships and actions with accounts, ads, and sponsored content. User gives permission to show username, profile picture, and information about your actions (such as likes) or relationships (such as follows) next to or
in connection with accounts, ads, offers, and other sponsored content that user follows or engages with.
- To enhance functionality of the app, user agrees that RepItSocial can download and install updates to the Service on user device.
Company Rights Held in Perpetuity
- If user selects a username or similar identifier for account, RepITSocial may change it if deemed proper or necessary (e.g., if it infringes someone’s intellectual property or impersonates another user).
- If user appropriates content covered by intellectual property rights that RepItSocial has and makes available in the Service (e.g., images, designs, videos, or sounds the Company provides that user adds to content he or she creates or shares), RepItSocial retains all rights to Company content (but not
- Under no circumstances will the user be permitted to use Company intellectual property and trademarks.
- Under no circumstances will the user be granted an open source license to modify, create derivative works of, decompile, or otherwise attempt to extract source code from RepItSocial.
Content Removal & Termination
property rights, or where the Company is permitted or required to do so by law. If user believes an account has been terminated in error, or user wants to disable or permanently delete an account, consult the Help Center.
- Content user deletes may persist for a limited period in backup storage and will still be visible where others have shared it.
If a Disagreement Should Arise
Contours of Agreement.
- If any aspect of this agreement is unenforceable, the rest will remain in effect.
- Any amendment or waiver to this agreement must be in writing and signed by all parties. If the Company fails to enforce any aspect of this agreement, it will not be deemed a waiver.
- RepItSocial reserves all rights not expressly granted to user.
Party Rights Under this Agreement.
- This agreement doesn’t grant rights to any third parties.
- User can’t transfer rights or obligations under this agreement.
- Contractual rights and obligations can be assigned to others. This could occur if Company ownership changes (as in a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets) or by law.
Responsibility if Something Happens.
- Service is provided “as is,” and can’t be guarantee that it will be safe and secure or will work perfectly all the time. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, REPITSOCIAL ALSO DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- Obviously, RepItSocial is unable to control what people and others do or say, and the Company isn’t responsible for their (or user) actions or conduct (whether online or offline) or content (including unlawful or objectionable content). RepItSocial also isn’t responsible for services and features offered by other people or companies, even if user accesses them through our Service.
- The responsibility for anything that happens on the Service (also called “liability”) is limited as much as the law will allow. If there is an issue with our Service, the Company can’t know what all the possible impacts might be. User agrees that RepItSocial won’t be responsible (“liable”) for any lost profits, revenues, information, or data, or consequential, special, indirect,
of any claim. RepItSocial reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by user, and user will not in any event settle any claim without our prior written consent.
- Class actions and class arbitrations are not permitted; user and the Company may bring a claim only on user’s own behalf and cannot seek relief that would affect other RepItSocial users.
- If there is a final judicial determination that any particular claim (or a request for particular relief) cannot be arbitrated in accordance with this provision’s limitations, then only that claim (or only that request for relief) may be brought in court. All other claims (or requests for relief) remain subject to this provision.
- The American Arbitration Association will administer all arbitrations under its Consumer Arbitration Rules. User and the Company expressly waive a trial by jury.
- The following claims don’t have to be arbitrated and may be brought in court: disputes related to intellectual property (like copyrights and trademarks), violations of the Platform Policy, or efforts to interfere with the Service or engage with the Service in unauthorized ways (e.g., automated ways). In addition, issues relating to the scope and enforceability of the arbitration provision are for a court to decide. This arbitration provision is
governed by the Federal Arbitration Act.
- Before user commences arbitration of a claim, he or she must provide the Company with a written Notice of Dispute that includes user name, residence address, username, email address and phone number associated with the RepItSocial account, a detailed description of the dispute, and the relief sought.
- Any Notice of Dispute sent to the Company should be mailed to RepItSocial, LLC., ATTN: RepItSocial Arbitration Filing, 5016 Rushlight Path Columbia, MD 21044. Before the Company commences arbitration, it will send user a Notice of Dispute to the email address assigned to the RepItSocial account, or other appropriate means. If the Company is unable to resolve a dispute within thirty (30) days after the Notice of Dispute is received, user or the Company may commence arbitration.
- The Company will pay all arbitration filing fees, administration and hearing costs, and arbitrator fees for any arbitration it brings if provided with a Notice of Dispute within the allotted time. For all other claims, the costs and fees of arbitration shall be allocated in accordance with the arbitration provider’s rules, including rules regarding frivolous or improper claims.
- For any claim that is not arbitrated, user agrees that it will be resolved exclusively in the U.S. District Court for the Maryland or a state court located in Howard County. User agrees to submit to the personal jurisdiction of either of these courts for the purpose of litigating any such claim.
Like any diligent company, RepItSocial appreciates feedback or other suggestions made by its customers. It may use such feedback without any restrictions or obligation to compensate customers and is under no obligation to keep such feedback confidential. Necessary Updates & Amendments
Revised: February 8, 2021